Sunday, November 29, 2009

Passion for Food, Love for Cooking!

Welcome! I would like to thank you for visiting my blog site, and consider it a privilege. I realize that if you are reading this it is either because you saw my shameless plug on my facebook page, or you might share with me a passion for food. If you are a "guy" (don't worry no one will know or tell), then perhaps you might be looking for ideas to help the wife in feeding the children without major permanent damage, or your wife thought you had too much time on your hands and cooking should do you some good. Whatever the reason may be, I hope that you will find some good insights, some great recipes, even a little humor, and I hope that this will allow you to actually prepare easy and simple meals that will make you look like a great chef.
The idea for a blog was two-fold: first as an Italian immigrant to the United States, I have always loved food and enjoyed preparing it. Some of my fondest childhood memories are tied to my mother and me in the kitchen, where as she prepared succulent dishes, I would observe and talk; she listened. My father wasn’t much of a talker, nor was he a cook, so that time became special, and I chose at a very young age that I would want to be there for my children, to listen. The second part of my idea came from our current state of affairs in the country. Economy is still slow, and a few months ago I found myself starting a new business while my wife worked a little extra, until things picked up. We ran the business from home, so this meant that I could be around much more than I had been; however this also meant that I had to make sure the children were taken care of while my wife was at work. This wasn’t as simple as mixing together a few ingredients and create a meal. Parents know, and understand that children will be your best judges in terms of your culinary expertise, and have clear and set ideas on what would be considered a delicious meal. Although a fancy Parmesan-Scampi Penne might go well with some of your adults friends, it may not have the same success with your children.
Do not however dwell in despair, as I am planning on sharing some recipes that might be fun to prepare with and for your kids, I will, of course, also share some that are a little more fancy and more catered to the "grown up" population.
I do realize that some of you might have had a lot more experience in the kitchen than me, perhaps are true experts (I do not consider myself one), and I hope that you would be kind and know that I am simply guided by a passion for food and love for cooking. With that said, let's begin our adventures in the kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the recipes you'll post! My mom and I still use your recipe for tiramisu' and eggplant parmesan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being willing to post some of my favorite dishes from my childhood which I have forgotten how to make. I can't wait to try all of your recipes. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete